Friday, April 17, 2009

Post presentation

Overall I feel confident after my presentation. I know I have a long road ahead of me in terms of work, but I'm comfortable with the direction I'm going in. I think at least after all of this I'll have a piece of research that will be nice reference material for my future work in design- whether its in exhibition design or not. Putting everything together is going to be tedious and I need to begin coming up with a grid for my book but at least I have my list of topics and a general table of contents to work off of and maybe that way it will help give me more structure in terms of showing me what needs to be done and which direction I'm heading in. 
I agree with Axel about the redesign aspect of my project. I was beginning to question whether it would be an appropriate part of the book, and I wasn't sure if it would be even possible to do considering my timeline and the availability of information. Maybe if I have time I could do what Dana had suggested and pick specific aspects of local exhibits that I have ideas for- we shall see! 
As for the visual look and feel of my book I've started to try and brainstorm how I want it organized. Since my content is so fixed on the senses should I have pages that are more tactile or should I keep it fairly solid in terms of grid because I'm covering a lot of information to keep it as clean as possible? Should it be super visual? I don't exactly have access to a printer that I could use my own paper on. It's something I'm gonna have keep thinking about...but I've got to hurry up.

No comments:

Post a Comment